Medium Duty Truck Technician - Truck City
Company: Weld County Garage
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: August 4, 2022
of the Position The Medium Duty Service Technician is
responsible for performing fast, high quality, and accurate
diagnostics on all makes and models of automobiles. This position
is responsible for nurturing and cultivating a positive culture and
work environment that aligns with the mission and values of the
organization. Essential Duties/Responsibilities
- Diagnoses and repairs vehicles to specifications, ensuring they
are safe to drive.
- Test drives vehicles and tests components and systems, using
equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges,
and computerized diagnostic devices.
- Examines vehicles to determine extent of damage or
- Confers with advisors and/or customers to obtain descriptions
of vehicle problems and to discuss work to be performed and future
- Performs routine and scheduled maintenance services, such as
oil changes, lubrications, and tune-ups.
- Reviews work orders and discusses work with supervisors.
- Tears down, repairs, and rebuilds faulty assemblies, such as
power systems, steering systems, and linkages.
- Disassembles units and inspects parts for wear, using
micrometers, calipers, and gauges.
- Repairs or replace parts such as pistons, rods, gears, valves,
- Rewires ignition systems, lights, and instrument panels.
- Repairs manual and automatic transmissions.
- Closely inspects parts like hoses, belts, plugs, fuel systems,
and other troublesome items.
- Adequately explains the technical diagnosis and required
repairs to non-mechanical individuals.
- Completes accurate notes/records on RO in DMS.
- Participates in ongoing technical education.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Strictly adheres to all company safety policies, rules, and
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Automotive trade or technical school preferred.
- ASE certification is desirable. Experience
- 3+ years of automotive technician experience. Specialized
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record.
- Ability to drive and handle various makes, models, and sizes of
- Should own & supply a complete inventory of auto mechanical
- Team oriented, flexible, and focused on maintaining a high
level of customer service.
- Working knowledge of shop equipment such as wheel and tire
equipment, alignment systems, diagnostic equipment, AC equipment,
- Desire to continue learning and ability to adapt to changes in
technology and equipment. Wages Commissioned, Exempt: $30.00 $50.00
Flag Rate Hour DOE Work Hours
- Regular work hours are 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM.
- The position is 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, with
evening and weekends as needed to satisfy the requirements of the
position. Employee hours vary and are dependent on business needs.
PM21 Benefits - If hired to a full-time position , the company
provides vacation time, sick time, paid holidays, 401(k) employer
paid life insurance, health, dental, vision, pet insurance, and
company discounts. If hired for a part-time position the company
provides paid sick time and company discounts. No other benefits
are offered. Powered by JazzHR PI185617510
Keywords: Weld County Garage, Fort Collins , Medium Duty Truck Technician - Truck City, Professions , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!