Company: Larimer County
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: November 26, 2022
$33.36 - $46.71 Hourly
FC 200 W Oak, CO
Board of County Commissioners
The Larimer County Budget Office has an opening for a Budget
This newly created position will assist in the development of the
County's annual operating and capital budgets and five-year capital
We are seeking a skilled, proactive individual who is committed to
providing quality customer service, seeking innovative solutions to
tough issues and has the enthusiasm to pitch in on special projects
that help the County act as good stewards of public resources.
Specifically, this position:
- Analyzes budget requests to ensure compliance with applicable
Statutes, County policies, and rules and regulations that impact
- Assists with providing predictions for the upcoming budget
year's revenue base and revised revenue estimates for the current
year using complex calculations.
- Assists the Budget Director in working with the Board of
Commissioners in defining the financial goals and objectives for
the coming budget year and completes assignments and analysis as
- Works with departments and elected offices to provide guidance
on fiscal and policy issues as they arise outside of the budget
- Assists departments and elected offices with seeking grant
opportunities, especially those related to recent federal
legislation such as the Inflation Reduction Act and the
Infrastructure, Investment, and Jobs Act.
- Assists with performance measures, data utilization, and
- Communicates complex budget information in an understandable
way to departments, elected officials, community collaborators, and
the public. To view the full job description, visit
We are looking for a candidate that will:
- Understand budget office operations, professional accounting
and budgeting principles and best practices, procedures, policy
requirements, and Colorado Budget Law.
- Become an expert in the County's budget software and financial
data warehouse, and be familiar with other related systems such as
ERP and payroll.
- Learn to design, implement, and maintain complex financial
records using computerized financial applications.
- Basic knowledge of or capability and interest to learn
continuous improvement concepts and skills such as Lean process
- Work effectively with elected officials, other employees, other
agencies stakeholder groups, and the public.
- Learn budgeting best practices developed by the Government
Finance Officers Association (GFOA).
- Have familiarity with or willingness to learn about federal and
state grant funding programs.
All candidates will be screened for the following required minimum
qualifications. Any candidate who does not meet all of the
qualifications listed as required will be eliminated from the
- One (1) year of professional budgeting or public policy
- Bachelor's degree in Public Policy, Public Administration,
Business Administration, Accounting, or a related field.
- Additional related education, including a Master's degree, may
count toward the required experience.
For all temporary positions, sick leave and our Employee Assistance
Program are available and other benefits may be available.
Larimer County offers the following for all Regular/Limited Term
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits.
- Flexible Spending Accounts / Health Savings Account
- Short and Long-Term Disability.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Basic Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Retirement Plan 401(a) with employer match.
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation.
- Paid time off including vacation, sick and holidays.To view
information on Larimer County's Benefits, visit
Filling of this position is contingent upon approval by the Board
of County Commissioners as part of the 2023 budget. The budget will
be approved on December 14, 2022.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion
of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. As marijuana
is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for
marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which
the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment
being revoked. Successful completion of the drug screen is defined
as obtaining a negative result.
All application components must be submitted by 11:59 PM MT on the
closing date listed.
Larimer County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits
discrimination and harassment in all employment practices on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender
identity or expression, and sexual orientation), national origin,
marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military
status, or any other characteristic protected by law or
Keywords: Larimer County, Fort Collins , Budget Analyst, Professions , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!